BEE Star Labeling Approvals:
The Objectives of Standards & Labeling Program is to provide the consumer an informed choice about the energy savings and thereby the cost savings potential of the marketed household and other equipment. The scheme was launched by Ministry of Power in May 2006 and is currently invoked for equipment /appliances under two schemes Mandatory and Voluntary.
BEE- Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) grants STAR RATING of appliances depending upon their energy efficient design and performance.
Greater the number of stars, better its energy saving ability. It is an added sales point thus creating an edge over competition.
What is the Process of Getting Star Labeling?
- The Indian Entity who wishes to sell the product in Indian Market has to apply for the Star Labeling for their Product on the BEE Portal
- The Indian Entity firstly has to do the company registration on the BEE Portal with the required documents and send the hard copies of the documents to the BEE headquarters in New Delhi for further process. The applicant has to submit a Refundable Security Deposit of Rs 1,00,000 with BEE for the registration (INR 25,000 for SSI).
- BEE will provide the User id and Password to the Applicant to login to the BEE portal.
- The applicant has to apply for the registration of their models to obtain star labelling rights and submit all the documents in hard copies to the Bureau after the online application.
- BEE will review all the documents and will issue a letter to use the Star labeling on the products
What are the documents required for the BEE Star Labeling?
- ISO Certificate of Applicant and Manufacturer
- Trademark Certificate
- Authorization Letter.
- Authorized Retailer List.
- MSME Certificate (If any)
- Company ID Proof of Authorized Signatory.
- Company Registration Certificate.
- PAN Card of Applicant Company.
- Affidavit (For Voluntary Scheme products)
- Test Report from Accredited Laboratory.
- BIS Certificate (If Applicable)
- Sample Labels.
- Accreditation Certificate and scope of the testing lab.
- Covering Letter and Application Form.
The products covered under the Star Labeling are divided into 2 categories:
FAQ’s for the BEE Star Labeling?
Here are the details:
- Rs 1,00,00 as the security deposit at the time of registration of the company
- Rs 2,000 for the model registration.
- Labeling fees is according to the product.